Wow! A Stylish Blogger Award
Two weeks ago, I was most pleasantly surprised with a Stylish Blogger Award, my first, from Allison of French Whisk. Like me, Allison blogs along with French Fridays with Dorie (FFwD).
I mostly write as a diversion for myself, though it’s out there in cyberspace, so it’s not private. It is fun to be recognized by another blogger. I know that my sisters and other family and friends follow my blog, but it’s nice to know that there are other people that actually read my blog.
Participating in FFwD, I’ve discovered so many wonderful (new-to-me) food blogs. I’m really enjoying getting to know others who are as passionate about cooking as I am. Each week, I am awed by the creativity and skill of my fellow cooks. I also enjoy a glimpse into others’ cooking adventures which always uncovers new recipes and ideas about what and how to eat.
I often smile when I read something on someone else’s blog that I might have written myself. I enjoy the comments, both making them and receiving them, though I haven’t quite mastered the art of “conversation” in the blogosphere.
So here’s the way this award works:
Rule #1: Thank the person. I left a comment for Allison immediately, but I wanted to give a big public thank you to her, now that I’m finally pulling this post together. Check out her blog French Whisk to read about her adventures dreaming about France and cooking in Vancouver.
Rule #2: Share 7 things about yourself. Here goes:
• I work in high tech, writing software, but once I’m away from the office, I am very low-tech. The things I like best, after cooking, are knitting, gardening, and reading.
• I’m a native of the DC suburbs of Maryland, transplanted to New England. I came here for college and just never left. I almost moved to Chicago. It’s why I got married when I did, but we didn’t end up going.
• I have a HUGE cookbook collection, over 400 volumes and growing (see picture of two shelves in the header of my blog). It’s like the shoe addiction some women have. My husband constantly
threatens teases that he’s going to get rid of them all.
• My dog Bella keeps me laughing. She’s a devil dog. Part chow and part shepherd, we adopted her from a shelter about 18 months ago. She’s about 5 years old and originally from Indiana. Her antics are hilarious.
• I’m not an early bird or a night owl (even though I wake up relatively early). I’m an afternoon-to-evening person, peaking between 3 and 9 p.m. Why don’t they have a name for that?
• My favorite place on Earth is Acadia National Park in Maine.
• I fantasize about living on a small farm, with chickens, goats, and bees. I can’t decide whether to make it a reality or keep it as a dream.
Rule #3: Share 15 blogs you enjoy reading. Here’s my list, in no particular order. I’ve discovered all of these through FFwD. It was hard to list just 15. I know that some of these have already received this award, but I wanted to list my favorites without winnowing out previous winners. They all deserve the kudos.
1. Steph @ Jumping Off the Cliff
2. Cher @ Crazy World of Cher
3. Trix @ Tasty Trix
4. Teresa @ One Wet Foot
5. Yummy Chunklet
6. Of Cabbages and Kings
7. Audrey @ Food From Books
8. Mardi @ eat. live. travel. write.
9. Beth @ The Screen Porch
10. Sanya @ The Good Life
11. 1840 Farm
12. Candy @ Dessert by Candy
13. Josefa @ Eat in the Middle
14. Mary @ Popsicles and Sandy Feet
15. Lizzy @ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Rule #4: Let the bloggers know that you have bestowed the Stylish Blogger Award upon them, which I have done.
Again, thanks to Allison at French Whisk for brightening my day!
And Happy Valentine’s Day to all!